Last Updated: 6th October, 2023.
1. Controllers of Personal Information
Conjecture Ltd of 201 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1JA, are data controllers of personal information collected and processed through Conjecture Ltd Services.
2. What Personal Information About Customers Does Conjecture Ltd Collect?
We collect some personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you provide in relation to Conjecture Ltd Services.
3. For What Purposes Does Conjecture Ltd Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the Conjecture Ltd Services. These purposes include:
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Conjecture Ltd Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of the Conjecture Ltd Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Conjecture Ltd Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
4. What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
5. Does Conjecture Ltd Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. Conjecture Ltd shares customers' personal information only as described below.
- Protection of Conjecture Ltd and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Conjecture Ltd, our users or others.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
6. How Secure is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask you to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your Conjecture Ltd account that is not utilized for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
7. What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, in the "Your Account" section of the website.
8. What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objections as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact our Customer Service on firstname.lastname@example.org. Many of our Conjecture Ltd Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Conjecture Ltd Services.
- If you don't want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your customer communication settings.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service on email@example.com or, to submit a data subject access request.
9. Are Children Allowed to Use Conjecture Ltd Services?
Conjecture Ltd doesn't sell products for purchase by children. If you're under 18, you may use Conjecture Ltd Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
10. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
11. EU General Data Protection Regulation and UK Data Protection Laws - Legal Basis
The EU GDPR and UK data protection laws require a legal basis for our use of personal information. Our basis varies depending on the specific purpose for which we use personal information. We use:
- Performance of a contract when we provide you with products or services, or communicate with you about them.
- Our legitimate business interests and the interests of our customers when we improve Conjecture Ltd services.
- Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
- Compliance with a legal obligation when we use your personal information to comply with laws.
- These and other legal bases depending on the purpose for which we use personal information.
12. Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Conjecture Ltd or want to contact one of our data controllers, please Customer Service on firstname.lastname@example.org with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Further, the data protection officer for the above mentioned data controllers can be contacted at email@example.com.
13. Automatic Information
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login; e-mail address; password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Conjecture Ltd Service metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application);
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.